I have decided to, after hours of research, compile a list of instructions for compiling KShare on Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux.
- apt: qtbase5-dev, qt5-default, libavformat-dev, libavcodec-dev, libavutil-dev, libswscale-dev, libqt5x11extras5-dev, libxcb-cursor-dev, libx11-xcb-dev, libxcb-xfixes0-dev, git
- rpm: qt5-devel, qt5-qtx11extras-devel, ffmpeg-devel, libxcb-devel, xcb-util-cursor-devel, xcb-util-xfixes-devel, git
- pacman: qt5-base, qt5-x11extras, ffmpeg, libxcb, xcb-util, xcb-util-cursor, libxfixes, git
git clone --recursive https://github.com/ArsenArsen/KShare.git cd KShare mkdir build cd build qmake-qt5 .. # or qmake, if that one does not exist make ./KShare # yay
Mac OS X
Dependencies: Homebrew, pkg-config, ffmpeg, qt, git
export PATH="/usr/local/opt/qt/bin:$PATH" git clone --recursive https://github.com/ArsenArsen/KShare.git mkdir build cd build qmake .. make # Resulting application is in build/KShare.app. Just drag it into Applications in Finder, or copy it with cp.
Boy, oh boy, this is by far the most complex one
I'd recommend giving up and just downloading it from AppVeyor.
But here goes nothing:
Install Qt from the Qt website
Download QtAV depencencies, because I could not figure it out without them, and extract them.
If you have a 64-bit system, go through directories in the archive and copy all files from all x64 directories into all the folders the x64 subfolder was in, into the appropriate folders in your Qt installation folder, which is something like
Install and set up git in Qt Creator
https://github.com/ArsenArsen/KShare.git recursively from inside Qt Creator.
After you open the project, hit the Build button (
CTRL+B will work too). After compilation is done, get the executable from the build folder into it's own folder. Then copy the following files from yout Qt installation folder:
/ refers to the folder KShare's executable is in
- bin\avcodec-57.dll -> /
- bin\avformat-57.dll -> /
- bin\avutil-57.dll -> /
- bin\swresample-2.dll -> /
- bin\swscale-4.dll -> /
- bin\Qt5Core.dll -> /
- bin\Qt5Gui.dll -> /
- bin\Qt5Network.dll -> /
- bin\Qt5Widgets.dll -> /
- bin\Qt5WinExtras.dll -> /
- plugins\platforms\qwindows.dll -> /platforms
- bin\LIBSTDC++-6.DLL -> /
- bin\LIBWINPTHREAD-1.DLL -> /
- bin\LIBGCC_S_DW2-1.DLL -> /
After you're done copying DLLs, obtain OpenSSL. Now, from the OpenSSL directory, similar to above, copy the following DLLs:
- bin\libeay32.dll -> /
- bin\ssleay32.dll -> /
- bin\msvcr120.dll -> /
You're done! I think. Refer to
AppVeyor in my repository for instructions which might be more up to date.